Beginning Again...Again


I know intellectually that starting over is just the pattern of Life.  Being able to reinvent or reinvigorate oneself is key to healthy living I'm told.  Sounds good but I think it takes a bit more than platitudes to actually do it...to start over.  I'm reinventing my long abandoned blog to reflect my current attempt to 'start over - again'.

We (the Husband and I) have moved over the past year to a land far away from the Midwest.  And what an adventure (well, let's call it that...ok?).  Downsizing is not for sissies nor is selling your quarter of a century home via long distance realty.  But it's done.  I miss my old home madly especially this time of year when my big gardens and the orchards are blooming and Nature reminds us of second (and more) chances.

We've moved to the land of season-less living unless you count the seasons as air conditioned or not air-conditioned.  Our new neighbors looked at us suspiciously in December when it snowed for the first time in years - we swore to them we didn't bring it.

After a series of mis-adventures (retirement, move, sell the farm, surgery, illness yada yada) I'm finally trying to get back to a more active creative practice.  My studio space has been dramatically reduced and I'm in the throes of unpacking and re-organizing.  To me it looks better than it did but I broke my humerus in March so progress has slowed considerably.  But you know how packing and unpacking go - I keep finding old pieces and bits and bobs that I'd forgotten...



An accordion book for a 20 Things Zine art swap hosted by Jen Worden.  All about gelatin prints way before the current gelli printing frenzy began.




I've poured over You Tube vids  (following Caterina Giglio) and Instagram posts in the meantime.  And jumped on the Bujo wagon (and joined a great group of local Planners) in an attempt to Get Organized.  I'm perusing online groups and classes (this one offered by Robyn McClendon looks especially right for me) hoping to find something to stimulate the muse.
.
And generally doing all I can to avoid actually making anything.  So this reincarnated blog will be my nudge - getting to the studio and doing some work.

Comments

  1. Ah, yes, starting again! I am so glad to be a small part of this phase. I totally believe in you. You've SO got this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts