Coming Up for Air

It's been a long hot summer.  This is our first year living on the Gulf - the heat and humidity were so intense I think we were stunned into submission.  Nothing got done save the bare necessities to sustain life.  Walks with the poor dog at pre-dawn hours still made me feel like a fish out of water - sucking for air and flopping about.

A tropical storm ('Gordon') went east of us today but left a bit of a breeze...signs that this soul sucking summer is almost at end.  And, being September with back to school and the new TV season and constant reminders of X days until Christmas, its time for a new box of crayons and a jump back into active arting.

I've worked steadily in my art journal/morning pages journal - a record for me.  And I've started another class - this one offered by Australian artist Laura Horn - mixed media painting and mark making:  acrylics, watercolors, inks etc.  Experimenting with a different style.

So the next few months are mapped out with projects including handmade leather Traveler's Notebooks, more hand painted/printed paper for collage, reacquainting myself with my sewing machine and my camera.  I miss my Midwest home but there are adventures about....And, maybe, just maybe, I'll get my studio organized. Well, we'll see.


Comments

Popular Posts